5/05/2014

Fiber Therapy

After the roller coaster week that I had last week, this past weekend was necessary.  This past weekend was Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, and the weather was beautiful for it. I got a lot of goodies there this weekend and I look forward to enjoying them. I've been debating whether or not to buy a second set of  wool combs, so I finally broke down and purchased a set of 2 pitch wool combs. Since I have a number of fleeces that need to be processed, these will be a very welcome addition to the craft room. Though I will say, I'm thankful that I got my tetanus shot.  I took them home and started working with them, and  found out the hard way that they're rather sharp.

As a belated birthday present,  my boyfriend (wonderful man that he is) bought me a pack basket.  Perfect for when I go the MDRF or SCA events.   I do enough fiber activities at those events that I appreciate the extra storage room.  I'll be able to take my combs, carders, spindles, and anything else I might want with me.  SUPER EXCITED!


And speaking of drop spindles, I finally found the one thing that I've been searching for.  I found a small basket, tall enough for a drop spindle to fit in comfortably, and enough space to store some fiber for spinning on the go.  And the best part, its perfect size to fit on my Faire belt!  
Its great when you have a craft or hobby that helps you feel alive.  Something that helps you get up out of bed in the morning, and look forward to.  I've learned that we all have that passion that gets us going.  Spinning, knitting,  crocheting, as well as all of the other fibery things that I do help me to restore balance to my life.  And I have met a whole host of friends through crafting that I never had before.  Crafting has brought so much of my Chosen Family together, and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

The love and support that I recieved from so many of my Family (both biological and my Chosen Family) and friends over the past week has been overwhelming at times. I'm thankful that there are so many in my life that are there when I need help.  

I sign off with this simple sentiment There is an old hymn called Blessed Be The Ties That Bind, and the third verse puts beautifully the love and friendship that got to feel this week:

We share each other’s woes,
Our mutual burdens bear;
And often for each other flows
The sympathizing tear.

Maybe that's why I enjoy knitting and spinning so much?  It helps me create the tie that binds me to those that I love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment