4/03/2013

It's spring time,  my birthday is in another week.  I am finally shaking off the winter doldrums.  This week has been in part about cleaning up my guest bedroom.  It tends to be a dumping ground of sorts.  Laundry that needs to be washed, laundry that needs to be folded, old receipts, clothes that don't fit or I don't wear that sort of thing.

Seasons change and with them my mood.  I've noticed over the last 10 years, that I tend to let things go dormant during the winter.  Once it starts to warm up, I pick up the pieces of the puzzle that I had let drop, and start all over.

Since the beginning of the week, I have started to once again sort through clothes that need to be taken to Goodwill, folding all of that pesky laundry (does it ever really get done? or is it just a vicious cycle that the Gods invented to help keep us out of the bars, taverns, pool halls, and brothels?)  I've started to de-clutter as well ("Why do I have 3 day timers, 4 bags of baby gifts for a non-existent baby, and a kitschy snowman door hanger? What the hell am I holding on to all this crap for!?)

Tonight though my project was to work in the craft room.  I clean, card, comb, spin(top whorl drop spindle, bottom whorl drop spindle, 2 spinning wheels and some supported spindles) , dye my own wool, as well as knit, and crochet.  Tonight was a spinning night.  I cleared off 1 bobbins of yarn that have been sitting waiting to be plied.  I also turned another bobbin into a ball to be plied.  It's all from wool that I have processed and haven't been happy with how it turned out.  Too much vegetation still stuck in the yarn for my liking.

I like getting projects done.  especially the ones that have been sitting around for eons waiting to get done.  March and April are the perfect times to do it.   It's a time of finishing up the old projects and starting the new.  There is always more spinning to do, more laundry to be done, more plates to put into the dishwasher.  That's where the magick happens.  Those thousand little routine things that we put our energy into that never seem to stop are what turn a house into a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment